Welcome!

Thank you all for sharing in the lives of our three amazing children- Mairead, Jack, and Ben. We hope you visit often!


Saturday, October 22, 2011

I Can't Keep Up!

As usual, there is just so much going on around here that it is hard to keep up with the blog.  One exciting project was when the guys (My dad, Brian, Dave, and Jimmy... and Jimmy's 'assistant,' Junior) spent a weekend re-doing the walk down to Nana's house.  It turned out to be a much more time consuming project than anticipated, but they did a great job with it!  They enlisted my cousin, Danny's, help for clean up and managed to get it all done in two days.  "Mary in the Woods" is very pleased with how things came out and the walkway is much more smooth now.





Unfortunately, Mairead had a pretty nasty cold and sinus infection two weeks ago and she was pretty much sidelined for a week.  Dave and I took the boys to 'Touch a Truck' on Saturday and they spent pretty much the entire time clinging to us.  They are in a weird 'shy phase' right now, so they didn't even want to touch or sit in the trucks.  We did eventually convince Jack to try out the fire truck.  He looks a lot like my brother in this picture.  He kept telling us, "You hafa shut the door.  I driving a fire truck now."


Today, Jimmy came by to show us his new car.  It has a removable top (t-top, maybe?) and can either have a real roof or be a convertible.  The kids loved climbing all over it. Jack made himself comfortable in the driver's seat.

Mairead is a nut.  She was rubbing her cheek on the car and saying, "Oooh, it's so smooth!"


The car is parked here, but doesn't it look like he has the wind flowing through his hair while cruising along?


These are cell-phone pictures from last week when the kids 'helped' Dave to clean up the dirt piles left from the Mary's Walk Project.  Nana is also 'helping.'




Random cute stories--As many of you know, I work from home, so I spend a lot of time at the computer. Jack has been trying to capitalize on this fact. When he wants to do something I am probably not going to allow, he points to the kitchen (where I usually work) and says, "No, Mommy. Hafa go do your work!"

I was working downstairs and Mairead was up sitting on her bed with her stuffed animals. She was reading aloud, "The Biggest Pumpkin Ever" and telling the whole story from memory.

Then, Jack cried, "Mommy! Help! I not beautiful anymore!" He had somehow gotten a thread from his shirt wrapped all around himself and he didn't like how it looked, so I had to make him 'beautiful' again.

Ben then said, "Jackie is beautiful now? Oh, thanks, Mommy!"



We had a great visit from Grandma, Aunt Ry, and Rachael today... I will save those pictures for a separate post about our day together!

No comments: