Welcome!

Thank you all for sharing in the lives of our three amazing children- Mairead, Jack, and Ben. We hope you visit often!


Monday, December 1, 2008

Catching Up...

I know, I know, I have been slacking on the blog! We did a lot of traveling and have had a very busy week, so I have lots of pictures to post of our two Thanksgivings, the Open House in NY, our visit from my grad school friends, and our ultrasound today. I will have plenty of time for updates now, though, since Tuesday was my last day at work. It was bittersweet, and I definitely shed some tears while driving out of the parking lot, but I know that the best thing I can do for the boys is to stay home and rest. So, that is what I will do!

Speaking of the boys, we had another ultrasound today and everything looks great! The boys are both growing well and the perinatologist doesn't see anything to be concerned about right now. We were very happy to hear that! Also, our boys now have names! Baby A is now Jack David, and Baby B is now Benjamin Brian (Ben). It's nice to refer to them by name.

These are some of the 3D images from the ultrasound. I know that some people are a little creeped out by these, but we are just amazed by them. These pictures are a little hard to make out, but the first one is of one little tiny foot. In the second one, you can see three of their four little feet. Ben's feet are crossed at the ankles, so you can only see one.

What was really cute was when the technician was measuring Jack, all of a sudden, Ben's little head poked into the picture. He rested his head on Jack's chest and they cuddled for a second. It was truly amazing to see. I'm glad they are getting along!



Ben is the bigger boy at 15 ounces, while Jack is not far behind at 13 ounces. Both weights are well within healthy parameters, so we are thrilled.
Backing up a bit, last Monday we had visitors and new friends for Mairead! Several of my friends from grad school came over since Megan (who now lives in California) was back in New England for a visit. Mairead had a chance to hang out with Will, whom she has known, literally, since before they were born. Megan and I were pregnant at the same time in our second year of our Master's program. Mairead is 3 weeks older than Will, and they have a lot in common!



Also visiting were Domenic and Ainsley, 18 months and 3years. The kids were so much fun to watch and they all got along really well! I was proud of Mairead for sharing her house and her toys with other kids.



She IS, however, quite a little sippy cup thief, as she always seems to end up with someone else's drink.


Mairead and Will were both happy to share some pizza.


I don't think they can call this a date, but they did have dinner together (sorry, Connor)!

It was great to see everyone- thanks to Megan, Jill, Amy, Lisa, and Caitlin for coming to visit! I will be posting our NY pictures and our Lowell Thanksgiving pictures soon!


3 comments:

The Plateniks said...

Haha. I hope when Will does go on dates, he is a little neater about his eating habits. Thanks for having us over, we had fun and I love all the pictures Dave took...email them my way during your 6 hours on the couch one day. Also, congrats on Jack and Ben. I am glad they have names and I hope you don't change your mind since they are now official blog members...hmm...time to rename this blog huh?

Michael's Loving Family said...

Love the names and those pictures are very cool. Amazing what technology can do these days

Joseph "Connor" said...

Connor is jealous of the other men in Mairead's life! He may just hang out with Layla to make Mairead jealous,too!