Welcome!

Thank you all for sharing in the lives of our three amazing children- Mairead, Jack, and Ben. We hope you visit often!


Sunday, June 16, 2013

Preschool Graduation 2013

These guys are going to be really good at graduating from preschool.  This is their second pre-K graduation, and they will have another next year.  Seeing them at this graduation made me realize how much bigger and older they are now!  At this ceremony last year, they were only 3 years and 3 months old.  They were SO small and still looked like toddlers.  This year, they were so much more confident walking into the room.  They knew all the words to the song and sang VERY loudly.  They participated in everything and listened to their teachers so well.  I was so proud of them!
 
They had to celebrate with big hugs because they love each other so much. 





The little hats are Just. Too. Much.


The kids started the program without the hats and then went 'backstage' to put them on for the roll call.  They all came out swinging their tassels and playing with the hats, but only Ben was singing "I have a roof on my head, I have roof on my head..."  At one point, the director said, "And now the children are going to sing the 'Number Rock' song.  Ben clapped his hands to his face and said, "Oh, no!  I don't know the words yet!"  The audience liked that one.  After they had finished singing, Jack looked at me and I gave him a 'thumbs up.'  He then gave me a double thumbs up in return-- wish I had my camera read for that!

After receving his certificate, Jack showed it to the girl next to him and said, "Can you believe I got my certificate?"  My kids are not quiet, so again, the audience enjoyed that.







You might see Jack making these gestures with his hands and think, 'oh, that must be part of the song or something.'

But then you see that no other child is doing that, and you realize he's all on his own for this.


I'm so proud of my little guys for how far they have come this year!  They still Do. Not. Care. about letters and have zero interest in writing them.  Their imaginations are incredible and they are just so sweet to each other and to pretty much everyone they meet.  Their teacher always tells me that they are just 'the most polite little boys' and I'm proud of that.  The world needs more people who are good to each other, and we are working hard to raise three more people like that!  Congrats, boys!

No comments: