Welcome!

Thank you all for sharing in the lives of our three amazing children- Mairead, Jack, and Ben. We hope you visit often!


Monday, March 25, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!

Or, Valetine's week, really.  Seems like when you have kids, every holiday lasts a lot longer since there are all kinds of parties and activities.  Mairead had a little party at her school but they don't allow sweets, so I sent in these little packs of goldfish.  She spent a lot of time writing out cards for her friends, which was very sweet.


I went to a special evening out with my MoMs club that week and one of the nice touches were these little mice-- they are made from a cherry, almonds, and a Hershey's kiss.  What a cute idea!

The boys had a special lunch in the den- they thought that was pretty exciting. 

I made this hair bow for Mairead-- cute hair bows are actually really hard to find, so I just took a bunch of ribbons and sewed them together, then sewed them to a barrette.  Voila!

Jack and Ben's school DOES allow for sweets, so I volunteered to make cupcakes.  The more sprinkles, the better!

On the day before Valentine's Day, Dave and I took our kids and Lily out to dinner.  Jack wore his batman cape and the girls wanted to get dressed up in their princess stuff.  We were quite the sight at Friendly's.  The kids were all really well behaved.  As another family was leaving, the mom stopped and said, "I don't know how you do it with four so young!"  I explained that only three were ours, but I don't think that really helped because she laughed and said something about how we were crazy to have three and then borrow an extra one.  Since Lily and the boys are only nine months apart, people often mistake them for triplets when we are out.  Imagine if we had taken Kellan, too?  We love having the kids all together-- they are all so close and we are glad they are growing up this way.

Some day, I will get a picture of all three of them without weird facial expressions.  Today was not that day.

No comments: