Welcome!

Thank you all for sharing in the lives of our three amazing children- Mairead, Jack, and Ben. We hope you visit often!


Thursday, March 5, 2009

35 weeks

First, let me talk about what a great big sister Mairead is going to be. We have been encouraging her to play with her baby doll, and she is very cute with it. Today, she put the baby in the carseat and said, "bye, bye," and then wanted to put the baby in the crib for "night night." She is very funny carrying it around. I am glad she likes babies, but I worry about her trying to carry Jack and Ben around the house!


Earlier this week, we babysat for Connor (Mairead's BFF) who was less than thrilled. He was very tired that day and was very sad when his mom and dad left for all of two hours. But, he ended up relaxing with Dave and getting very comfortable snuggling with him. It was strange to see someone other than Mairead resting with Dave, but I guess we had better get used to that! Mairead was also very good about sharing her daddy while Connor was here. After his mom and dad got back, Connor suddenly had a burst of energy and was running around exploring the house, so all was well again!

Now, on to my boys. At my ultrasound on Wednesday we were very happy to learn that each baby is a little over 5 lbs! That was one of our goals, so we were thrilled to hear that. They look good and have very healthy heartbeats. At this point, doctors start to weigh the question of whether they would grow better in or out. So, I have another ultrasound next week and they will talk to us about any possibility of delivering earlier than March 25. It's a very strange position to be in- we might have new babies next week, and we might not have them for 2 and half more weeks- you never know!
I asked my doctor last week if he thought I would make it to my scheduled date. He said, "I don't know... it's not up to me. It's up to your babies and who knows what they are doing?" He has been great and very reassuring this whole time, so I know I am in good hands.
We will certainly keep everyone posted with any news (or lack of) about our boys-- thanks for checking in on us!

2 comments:

The Plateniks said...

Sounds like it's time to change the blog name! I can't wait to see those guys in "person" or bloggy person.

Caitlin, Al, and Brielle said...

Can't wait to see these two little ones! I can't believe they are each over 5 lbs! That's great! We're thinking of you everyday!